Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Update

It has been a while since we've updated so here goes.

We have successfully moved to Beeville, TX. It is a lot different, but I love having my family here with me where I work. I love being able to come home and see my dear husband and sweet girl in the evening, even if we are still walking around boxes. Our new yard was badly neglected by the previous owners (for about 4 years) so we usually take a stroll around the yard moving sprinklers and deciding where we will saturate the grass next. We discovered two holes in the ground, which we originally thought might house armadillos or even a snake, but we flooded them with water and discovered frogs living in them! Clementine thought this was the neatest thing and for 10 minutes after they showed up was hopping around the yard saying "Frog, ribbit, ribbit"! Yes, it was as cute as it sounds!

Our A/C is not cooling very well and this last Friday the compressor stopped working. The home warranty people finally got someone out here (Sunday evening, ugh) and it was the thingy that works like a starter on the compressor. You know, whatever that thing is called. It was 105 degrees outside and 95 inside. Luckily we had a window A/C unit from the last house and put it in the bedroom window. We shut the door, brought in the TV and some movies and pretty much just had family time all weekend. Our original plans were to unpack and organize, but as you can imagine that didn't really happen. We did unpack some bedroom items and that was pretty much it. Despite all that, we had a great time bonding as a family and Clementine's new favorite movie is 'Rio'. She loves the birds! I have to agree with her, it is a pretty good movie with a good story.

Clementine is slowing adjusting to her new daycare. We decided on the Coastal Bend Jr. College daycare, because the students at the college who study child development attend their labs there and they have more of a focus on learning activities, not just a babysitter atmosphere. And they are really close to our house. Not that this is a very big town anyway, but I literally drop her off on my way out of town and pick her up right when I come back in. It's a really nice location.

We do have some sad news. Our beloved truck that we have had and loved for the last 13 years has passed away. The heat was just too much for her engine and she overheated and had a heart attack. Considering she was going on 21 years old, I think she had a pretty good run. But I will admit that I was pretty attached to her. She was my grandfather's truck and Chris and I scraped together the money to buy her as our first joint vehicle. Sweet blue truck, rest in peace. And may your parts be used to help other trucks like you. (She was an organ parts donor)

1 comment:

  1. Ugh. I cant imagine 95 in the house. Patrick would have moved to a hotel! Ha. Hope you guys are now enjoying your new place. So excited for you, Christine. I was family sick every week for you before. Now we can all smile.

    ReplyDelete