Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, August 31, 2009

Week 40+ Update

Went to the Doctor today and am 2-5 days past my due date. I am 2.5 cm dilated & 80% effaced now. I'm glad I'm still progressing & haven't regressed. I heard some women do that. The Doc said everything is still looking good & we should start considering induction because he didn't want to go past the 42 week mark. I spoke with him about recalculating my due date since we started this pregnancy with an inception & he agreed that a more accurate date would have been Aug. 29th, but that still makes me 2 days past my due date.

I decided to go ahead and have my membranes stripped, which is a sophisticated term for pushing the placenta back from the cervix to try to encourage labor. The Doc said if it works it can take up to 48 hours & so should know by Wednesday. Since we are past the due date I now have to go in more often & have an appointment set for Wednesday. We've decided that if she doesn't come by Wednesday we will schedule an induction on Friday. So I should have a little one just in time for the Labor Day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment