Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Dedication of a little stinker (and other fun stuff that happened today!)

I would like to start by wishing every mother out there a Happy Mother's Day. I really can't describe what it is like joining the 'Mother Club' but for my very first Mother's Day it was a pretty good one!

We went to the dedication for Alex this morning. It was pretty cool, because their church has the baby that is being dedicated go up to the front with their parents (Patrick & Laura) and any family & friends that want to join them. Well, Alex, literally, had a small army up in the front! He had Laura's side (grandparents, aunts and uncles. Although her brother & his family were missing. Not sure what happened there) and Patrick's side (grandpa & pam, aunt (me!), uncle (Chris!) and cousin (Clementine!). You should have seen us, it was pretty darn neat! They said a prayer over Alex & then the family, then we all sat down for the message (which was very nice, it related well to Mother's Day).

Here is the really funny part:
So, while we are sitting there during the sermon, Patrick was kind enough to sit with us (including my dad & Pam) with Alex. Alex was sitting on my dad's lap & Clementine was sitting on mine & they were pretty much facing each other. Alex had his dad's watch & was chewing/playing with it & Clementine looked at it & obviously thought since Alex was enjoying chewing on it she probably would too. So she started to grab at the watch. Alex watched her for a while then held out the watch to Clementine. Clementine grabbed the watch & then BOOM! Alex snatched it away from her!!! He did that like *four* times! He held out the watch, she got a grip on it, then he snatched it away!! I couldn't believe it!! I almost started laughing out loud, because I couldn't believe this sweet (supposedly) little boy was TEASING my baby! And smiling the WHOLE TIME!!!! Oh, he is a little stinker! Just wait until Clementine figures out Alex's game. He'll have to watch his back (or toys, rather) then! :)

Other stuff:
Afterward Clementine was really tired & we opted to go home for a bit so she could take a nap before going over to Patrick & Laura's house. Well, Clementine didn't wait till we got out of the parking lot before falling asleep & Chris decided to go for a drive instead. Turns out the drive turned into a lovely Mother's day lunch at Sushi Zushi. I've been craving sushi for a while, but haven't had the chance to go out for any & Chris (being the wonderful husband he is) decided it was time for a special treat. It was a really nice surprise.

I also learned that I have one more reader of my blog (shout out to Lisa! Yay!) Thanks for letting me know you enjoyed the bluebonnet pictures. It's always fun learning someone else is enjoying Clementine's adventures!

1 comment:

  1. How funny! I didn't know Alex did that. He has started becoming very opinionated lately. He wants to share and play with other kids, but at the same time, he is still very selfish with his toys. Being tired doesn't help. How wonderful of Clementine to be so patient with him and not cause a fuss. Precious angel. So glad you could make it. I am glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete